Attention on Deck! - A Robotech Warrior's Life and Times
Captain Jeffrey Dale Framton, RDFN (Ret.)
Captain Jeffrey Dale Framton, RDFN (Ret.)
Hardback Cover Layout by
Softback Cover Art and Layout by
Valkyrie Hardcover Art Courtesy of Super Dave
Theme music "Always With Me, Always With You" from the album "Surfing With the Alien," by Joe Satriani.
Traduccion en ESPAÑOL por
Gerardo Campos De Le�n
Over half a million unique hits since we started counting them in June 1996 -- THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
Praise for the Robotech Autobiography "Attention On Deck!"
"The true story of one of the Robotech Defense Force's top aces in his own words. Through three Robotech Wars, Captain Framton takes the reader on a breathtaking journey of triumph, tragedy, and sacrifice. A must read for anyone wanting to know what flying a Veritech Fighter in combat is really like."
--Donald Wilson, Information World Magazine
"I just finished reading 'Attention on Deck!' and I was breath taken! The book is pure brilliance. I just couldn't put it down."
--Grant Power, RDF Times Magazine
"Jake Framton has done what no other has yet been able to: put the reader in the cockpit of a Veritech! Fasten your seatbelts! What a story!"
--COL A.P. Rutland, REFMC (ret.)
"Easily the most compelling book about the Robotech Wars ever written. It will make you laugh. It will make you cry. More importantly, it will make you appreciate the magnitude of Earth's greatest struggle."
--LTGEN Michael "Mad Mike" Choi, RDFMC, (ret.)
"Hands down the best Naval Aviation autobiography since 'Feet Wet.' Framton is a master storyteller. Five huge stars!"
--RADM Mike "Python" Connally, REFN (ret.)
"['Attention On Deck!'] is no run-of-the-mill war story. It is a brutally honest look at the life of a combat pilot, not just in the cockpit, but at home and in the heart. Captain Framton keeps no secrets in this sweepingly emotional, often amazing, tale. A modern classic. Highly recommended."
--Delaina DeRoeck, Insights
"Finally! A view inside the cockpit [of a Veritech]! The only things missing are the G's!"
--William Osgood, Military Aviation Magazine
Copyright © 1995-2022
Based on characters and situations from
Robotech, © 1985 Harmony Gold, USA, Inc.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON AOD!
Acknowledgments Prologue - REVISED TIMELINE
Part One - Preflight - REVISED TIMELINE
- Chapter 1 Beginnings
- Chapter 2 Storm Clouds
- Chapter 3 Warning Signs
- Chapter 4 Lightning Strikes
- Chapter 5 Turbulence
- Chapter 6 Chaos
- Chapter 7 First Step
- Chapter 8 Forging Swords
Part Two - Engine Start - REVISED TIMELINE
- Chapter 9 Valkyrie
- Chapter 10 Mr. Cool
- Chapter 11 Of Pencils and Labels, Solo's and Screams
- Chapter 12 Graduation!
Part Three - Taxi & Runup - REVISED TIMELINE
- Chapter 13 The Streak Eagles
- Chapter 14 First Combat
- Chapter 15 Ace!
- Chapter 16 Diamonds and Lace
- Chapter 17 Complications
- Chapter 18 Sad Goodbyes
Part Four - Position and Hold - REVISED TIMELINE
Part Five - Rolling - REVISED TIMELINE
- Chapter 23 Heroes and Legends
- Chapter 24 Overload
- Chapter 25 One-Eyed Gambit
- Chapter 26 Spaceship Spelunk
Part Six - Positive Rate, Gear Up - REVISED TIMELINE
- Chapter 27 The 100 Club
- Chapter 28 Hack Sack
- Chapter 29 The Sand Pebble Mutiny Court Martial
- Chapter 30 Ring Around the Tower
- Chapter 31 Fatherhood: The Birth of Two Ladies
- Chapter 32 Super Super
Part Seven - Climbout - REVISED TIMELINE
The Max Factor
Part Eight - Proceed on Course
Chapter 40 The Regult Turkey Shoot Chapter 41 Fighting With Knives Chapter 42 End Game
Part Nine - Cruise
- Chapter 43 Starting Over
- Chapter 44 Laying Bait
- Chapter 45 Pines, Pain, and PJ's
- Chapter 46 Sea Changes
- Chapter 47 In Transit
- Chapter 48 Fundamentals of Instruction
Part Ten - Vectors
- Chapter 49 Fleet Replacement Squadron
- Chapter 50 The Boat
- Chapter 51 Hills and Waves
- Chapter 52 First Cruise
- Chapter 53 Raising Hell With the Jungle
- Chapter 54 A Midsummer Nightmare
Part Eleven - Descent
- Chapter 55 Traction
- Chapter 56 Immobile Interlude
- Chapter 57 Rehab
- Chapter 58 Catharsis
- Chapter 59 Come About
- Chapter 60 Last Ooh-Rah
Part Twelve - Pattern Entry
- Chapter 61 All For What?
- Chapter 62 Discharge
- Chapter 63 Torture
- Chapter 64 Waiting Game
- Chapter 65 Checkmate
Part Thirteen - The Break
- Chapter 66 - Bootstraps
Part Fourteen - Go Dirty Part Fifteen - Abeam Part Sixteen - In the Groove Part Seventeen - Call the Ball Part Eighteen - Three Wire Part Nineteen - Pull Forward Part Twenty - Shutdown Epilogue
- "Attention On Deck!" Glossary of Terms
- "Attention On Deck!" Timeline
- "Attention on Deck!" Photo Gallery
- "Attention on Deck!" Gallery of Warriors
- RDF Navy Fighter Squadron Chain of Command
- RDF Navy/Spacy/Air Force/Marine Corps Fighter Squadron Organization and Aircraft Numbering System
- RDF 100-Kill Aces List - Robotech War I
- RDF Navy/Spacy/Army/Air Force/Marine Corps Commissioned Officer Rank Insignia
- RDF Navy/Spacy/Army/Air Force/Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer Rank Insignia
- RDF Navy/Spacy/Army/Air Force/Marine Corps Combat Awards and Insignia
- VF-1 "Valkyrie" Schematics
- VF-1 "Valkyrie" Heads Up Display - Basic Mode
- VF-4 "Lightning" Schematics
- VAF-6 "Alpha Fighter" Schematics
- Veritech Paint Schemes of Capt. Jeff Framton, RDFN (ret.)
- The Awards and Insignia of Capt. Jeff Framton, RDFN (ret.)
- Jason Smith's "Revenge of the Two Picassos"
|Supplemental information for newcomers to ROBOTECH|
|Announcements and Other Info|
Visit the new "AOD News" on FACEBOOK.
The latest info regarding "Attention on Deck!"
If you have questions, comments, or problems, please let me know.
|LINKS AND E-MAIL|
Including the "Confederate Air Force Online History Archive" featuring the
"Ballad of the Ghost Squadron" Restoration Project
If you have any comments, questions, or problems, please e-mail me.
To receive direct announcements when new chapters are published, please request it in your e-mail.
This story, all original images, characters, situations, events, etc., Copyright © 1995-2021 by Jason W. Smith
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
The author has not accepted any remuneration for this work.
HTML Copyright © 1996-2021 Robert Morgenstern
Special thanks to David J. Stillman, a.k.a. Copycat, Linux Guru,
and Edwin Chan a.k.a. Adm. James T. Kirk, my AOD error hunter.
Last Updated: 21 December 2021
Previous: 05 February 2013